Thursday 24 April 2014

Happy Birthday!

Hello. I am posting early this week as I am, off to visit a Salvation Army lifehouse tomorrow.

This Saturday will mark the year anniversary of my first post on this blog! I am not quite sure where the year has gone.

I am not sure what I thought or expected from this blog when I started it. I think really I wanted something to keep me thinking about spiritual things when I was away from home. I also wanted a way to keep friends and family at home updated about my adventures.

This blog has certainly recorded a transition in my life. When I started it I had no intention of leaving the Navy.

Now a year later my notice to leave the Navy has been put in and accepted and I am going through the Candidate process for Officership in The Salvation Army. Now that is a change!

It is amazing to look back over my thought processes and the journey I have been on over the past year through these blog posts. It truly is amazing the journey God has taken me on.

But now really my blog will have to change slightly. My time in the Navy is getting very sort indeed. So I can't really keep posting about my life as a Christian in the Forces; as soon I will no longer be in the Forces.

With that in mind over the next few months the overall theme of this blog will change from my life in the Navy to my life as a candidate; then hopefully as a cadet in training! Now there is an exciting thought!

One thing I have been amazed about over the past year is how many people read my blog. If I am honest I was not sure anyone would! But people certainly have. So here are some numbers for you.

In the past year this blog has been read 4022 times. With the average post being read by just under 100 people.

This blog has been read all around the world, which I think is amazing! It has been read by people in;
 
United Kingdom

 
United States

 
United Arab Emirates

 
Indonesia

 
Australia

 
Canada

 
Guernsey

 
Russia

 
Germany

 
Netherlands
 
No I think that is really cool. I hope that the people who have read this blog have enjoyed it; and pray that in some way it has helped them to become closer to Jesus.
 
So thank you to everyone who has read this blog.
 
On another note, I am doing the live below the line challenge next week. Where just like some of the poorest people in the word I have to live off £1 a day. (Although in reality many people live with a lot less money.)
 
 

This is all the food and drink I have to live off for a week. I think I am going to be very hungry!

If you would like to find out more about the challenge, or would like to sponsor me please visit the page below.

https://www.livebelowtheline.com/me/stevecallister

If everyone who reads this blog could donate just £1 then that would help me to reach my target of £200. All of the money will go to The Salvation Army helping them help some of the poorest people in the world.

Thanks for a great year!

The Sailing Salvationist

No comments:

Post a Comment